Duration 3 days
The RecoverPoint Management course is designed for anyone who is responsible for the administration and management of a RecoverPoint environment. This course focuses on leveraging RecoverPoint technology to achieve and maintain application Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
An integral part of the training addresses product architecture, management, and operations of RecoverPoint. There will be extensive lab demonstrations and lecture which will cover the following concepts: configuration requirements, the methods of Remote replication; the configuration of consistency groups and distributed consistency groups; how to configure them for integration with different virtualization software; and finally, the course addresses general monitoring and troubleshooting of RecoverPoint events. This course supports RecoverPoint version 4.1.
Who should attend
This course is intended for any person who presently or plans to manage RecoverPoint environments.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase/skill set. The student must have an understanding of:
- Interaction of different EMC components within a complex integrated SAN environment with support for multiple types of arrays
- EMC Storage array administration tasks (Including LUN masking) using Unisphere and Solutions Enabler
- VMware, UNIX and Windows system administration
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the RecoverPoint architecture
- Describe the common topologies used for RecoverPoint clusters
- Explain the RecoverPoint synchronization process and data flow
- Describe how to monitor RecoverPoint Clusters with Unisphere
- Explain the concept of Image Access and the use of RecoverPoint snapshots and bookmarks
- Use Unisphere for RecoverPoint to manage Consistency Groups and monitor recovery operations
- Use Unisphere for RecoverPoint to add a copy to an existing Consistency Group
- Describe the advanced features of RecoverPoint
- Use Unisphere for RecoverPoint to collect system information
- Use RecoverPoint CLI commands to perform simple environment troubleshooting.
The content of this course is designed to support the course objectives. The following focus areas are included in this course:
- Module 1: RecoverPoint Overview
- Module 2: RecoverPoint Concepts
- Module 3: Planning and Configuration
- Module 4: RecoverPoint Recovery
- Module 5: Manage the RecoverPoint Environment
- Module 6: RecoverPoint System Analysis
In addition to lecture and demonstrations, this course includes labs designed to allow practical experience for the participant