Duration 2 day
This course provides hands-on training for customers who are performing an upgrade of Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.x and 10.x and Symantec Client Security (SCS) 2.x and 3.x to Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP). Topics include planning for and installing the management server, database, and the SEP clients.
Additional topics include how to deploy software to clients, how to add and migrate antivirus settings, and how these settings are managed by the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) console
Who should attend
This course is for network managers, systems administrators, client security administrators, systems professionals, resellers, and consultants who are upgrading to Symantec Endpoint Protection and are charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 in a variety of network environments.
You should have a working knowledge of Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition or Symantec Client Security, administrator-level knowledge of networking (including TCP/IP), and a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003 operating systems.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) and Symantec Network Access Control (SNAC) products and components.
- Compare existing SAV and SCS servers, client groups, and settings to SEP groups and policies.
- Determine migration tasks.
- Install the management server and Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) console and administrative components.
- Migrate legacy SAV servers and clients.
- Install and configure Network Threat Protection.
- Monitor your new environment.