Duration 1 day
Business and Agency leaders are laying out clear mandates for their IT infrastructure teams; Provide IT services on par with Cloud IT Service Providers. This means offering common Cloud provider benefits including a lower cost, secure yet elastic IT infrastructure with automated rapid resource deployment and always on capability. Learn how a validated architecture of integrated IT components such as Flex/ExpressPod is an essential part of your customer’s journey to the Cloud delivering Cloud IT benefits.
Flex/ExpressPod is an agile data center platform with consolidated server, networking, and storage elements that can host multiple applications sharing resources across different departments and organizations. The Flex/ExpressPod platform has been jointly tested and validated by Cisco and NetApp across leading hypervisors, applications and operating systems in virtualized and bare-metal environments. Combining a FlexPod/ExpressPod platform with Orchestration Management Software and a strategy to consolidate-virtualize-automate IT resource delivery will enable a successful journey to the Cloud for your customers and their IT infrastructure teams.
This course teaches you how to articulate to your customer why a Flex/ExpressPod solution is an essential part of any customers cloud compute strategy to deliver the rapid delivery and lower cost benefits of Cloud delivered IT services.
Who should attend
This course is intended for:
- Account Managers
- System engineers
- Pre-sales engineers
A background in networking and solution sales is strongly recommended.
As a result of having attended this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the essential characteristics and the key requirements for cloud computing, with a focus on “what it can do” vs. “what it is”
- Identify successful strategies for a customer’s cloud deployment
- Understand how a FlexPod architecture helps reduce Opex, Capex and software license cost, radically improves application delivery times, increases resource utilization, improves business agility and continuity
- Articulate a FlexPod value proposition to various customers’ organization and markets
- Identify cloud computing opportunities by addressing post server virtualization issues in a Data Center
- Articulate Cisco’s vision for the evolution of server technology as it relates to cloud computing strategies
- Identify the competitors and markets for FlexPod
- Explain the benefits of deploying virtual services and orchestration IT Service Management (ITSM) software with a FlexPod architecture
- Explain the FlexPod advantages in a Multi Tenant environment
Detailed Course Outline
1: What is Cloud Computing?
- What is Cloud Computing (attributes and benefits specific to cost, application delivery times and business agility)?
- What are strategies for the successful journey to Cloud-delivered IT services?
2: FlexPod & ExpressPod Overview
- FlexPod and ExpressPod Architectural and Configuration Overview
- Flex/ExpressPod Positioning and Value Proposition
3: Qualifying the Customer Applications Needs
- Characterizing the FlexPod impact to customers’ applications in terms of time and cost to deliver
- Scaling Application CPU, Memory, I/O and Storage without adding servers
4: Messaging the Flex/ExpressPod Value Proposition
- Articulating what a Flex/ExpressPod does for Application teams to improve application delivery at a lower cost and creating IT agility for Business Units and Agencies
5: Flex/ExpressPod Market Positioning
- Juxtapose solution with similar Cisco UCS and Nexus components
- Identify unique and differentiated Flex/ExpressPod value proposition
6: UCS Overview
- Explain 3rd generation “x86” Server qualities
- Identify UCS building blocks
7: FlexPod Validated Designs for Applications, Hypervisors and Multitenancy
- Overview of Validate Designs Guide
- Review Application (SAP, Citrix VDI, Windows Share Pt, Exchange and SQL) and Multi Tenant validated design guides (CVD)
- Review HyperVisors design guides (Vsphere, Windows HyperV, Citrix and KVM)
8: Nexus 1000V and Unified Network Services Appliances
- Introduction and updates to the Nexus 1000V
- Introduces the Cisco Unified Network Service Appliances (Nexus 1010, VSG, vWaaS, vNAM)
- VMware vSphere Overview
- Microsoft Windows 8 and Hyper-V
- Nexus 1000v and the Virtual Appliances offerings including the Virtual Services Gateway, vWaaS and vManagement appliances
- Orchestration ITSM software