Learn to install, configure, and manage containers
Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280) enables system administrators, architects, and developers to acquire the skills they need to administer Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform. Through numerous hands-on exercises, the student will create, configure, manage, and troubleshoot OpenShift clusters. Students will also deploy sample applications to further understand development use cases. This creates an environment that supports DevOps principles such as reduced time to market and continuous delivery.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.5
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes. OpenShift Container Platform provides predefined application environments and builds upon Kubernetes to provide support for DevOps principles such as reduced time to market, infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration (CI), and continuous delivery (CD).
- Install an OpenShift Platform Container cluster
- Configure and manage masters and nodes
- Secure OpenShift Platform Container
- Control access to resources on OpenShift Platform Container
- Monitor and collect metrics on OpenShift Platform Container
- Deploy applications on OpenShift Platform Container using Source-to-Image (S2I)
- Manage storage on OpenShift Platform Container
Audience and prerequisites
This course is designed for system administrators, architects, and developers who want to install and configure Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Prerequisites for this course
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Be certified as a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration experience
- Complete the Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) course or have equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift basics.
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to build and deploy containerized applications that are highly available, resilient, and scalable, using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform allows rapid application development and deployment, as well as portability of an application across environments. It also offers simplified application scaling, administration, and maintenance.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to configure, secure, and manage a Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform cluster and deploy applications on it.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Install OpenShift Container Platform clusters.
- Configure and manage OpenShift masters and nodes.
- Secure OpenShift.
- Control access to resources on OpenShift.
- Deploy applications on OpenShift using Source-to-Image (S2I).
- Configure and manage OpenShift pods, services, routes, secrets, and other resources.
Introduction to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
Review features and architecture of OpenShift Container Platform.
Install OpenShift Container Platform
Install OpenShift Container Platform and configure a master and node.
Explore networking concepts
Describe and explore OpenShift networking concepts.
Execute commands using the command-line interface.
OpenShift Container Platform resources
Control access to OpenShift Container Platform resources.
Provision persistent storage and use it for the internal registry.
Manage application deployments
Manipulate resources to manage deployed applications.
Install and configure the metrics- gathering system.
Manage and monitor
Manage and monitor OpenShift Container Platform resources and software.
Install, configure, and deploy an application on a cluster.