Design, build, and test OpenShift HA cluster
Red Hat OpenShift Administration II teaches you how to build robust clusters that provide high availability and the ability to run large numbers of applications. You will learn about OpenShift integration with datacenter infrastructure such as load balancers, identity management, monitoring, proxies, and storage. You will also develop more troubleshooting and Day 2 operations skills in this course.
This course is based on Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform 3.6.
You will design an OpenShift HA cluster, then build and test it. You will use this cluster to examine more advanced topics in the administration and operation of a robust OpenShift cluster in the remainder of the course.
- Learn OpenShift cluster features, architecture, and sizing.
- Investigate OpenShift cluster installation methods.
- Configure storage providers and storage classes.
- Manage OpenShift certificates.
- Configure GlusterFS container-native storage.
- Diagnose cluster health.
- Scale OpenShift clusters.
- Manage OpenShift resources.
Audience and prerequisites
Audience for this course
This course is designed for Linux® system administrators who want to deploy and manage a large-scale Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform environment in their datacenters.
Prerequisites for this course
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Attend Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) or demonstrate equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Attend Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280) or demonstrate equivalent experience with OpenShift
Recommended, but not required: become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration (EX280)
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to administer and operate large, fault-tolerant OpenShift clusters. You will design and implement a highly available and high-performance OpenShift cluster. These skills will allow the organization to provide and maintain a resilient platform on which developers can deploy production-scale containerized applications.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to design, install, and configure a highly available and high-performance OpenShift cluster. You will learn how to adapt the OpenShift cluster to work with existing infrastructure, such as security and storage providers. You should be able to perform various Day 2 operational procedures intended to maintain an efficient OpenShift cluster. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Design and install a highly available cluster.
- Provision persistent storage using dynamic allocation.
- Install the GlusterFS Container Native Storage solution on an OpenShift cluster.
- Enable log aggregation across the cluster.
- Perform diagnostics on the cluster.
- Back up and restore critical data for the cluster.
- Manage OpenShift and operating system resources to keep the cluster running efficiently.
- Configure the LDAP security provider.
- Describe and install the Open vSwitch multitenant software-defined networking provider.