Get the skills required to deploy and manage virtual environments
Red Hat Virtualization with exam (RH319) helps IT professionals acquire the skills needed to deploy, administer, and operate virtual machines in their organization using Red Hat® Virtualization.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 4.1 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 7.3. This course is a combination of Red Hat Virtualization (RH318) and the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Virtualization exam (EX318).
Duration : 5 days
Through numerous hands-on exercises, you will deploy and configure Red Hat Virtualization and use it to provision and manage virtual machines. This course also prepares you for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Virtualization exam (EX318), which, if passed, makes you a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Virtualization.
Read the entire course outline for more details.
Course content summary
- Installing and configuring Red Hat Virtualization.
- Configuring networking and storage for use with Red Hat Virtualization.
- Managing user accounts and access to the Red Hat Virtualization environment.
- Installing and managing virtual machines in Red Hat Virtualization.
- Using templates for rapid virtual machine deployment.
- Managing virtual machine snapshots and images.
- Back up and upgrade Red Hat Virtualization.
- Migrating virtual machines and exploring high-availability options.
Audience and prerequisites
Audience for this course
Linux system administrators and virtualization administrators interested in deploying and managing large-scale virtualization solutions managing virtual servers in their datacenters, based on the Red Hat Virtualization open virtualization management platform.
Prerequisites for this course
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) certification or equivalent experience
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to improve efficiency within a virtualization environment. Expected results include reducing IT infrastructure costs by virtualizing more workloads on less hardware while avoiding vendor lock-in. This class will train virtualization administrators to work more efficiently by using Red Hat Virtualization to deploy, manage, and monitor virtualization environments. Doing so will result in faster response times for users requesting and using virtualized resources.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact of this training
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to create and deploy Red Hat Virtualization and virtual servers. Using a single, full-service management interface—Red Hat Virtualization Manager—you will be able to configure, manage, and migrate systems within the virtualization environment.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Deploy Red Hat Virtualization
- Configure, install, and deploy virtual machines
- Migrate virtual machines between hypervisor hosts
- Perform troubleshooting tasks
- Secure and monitor the virtualization environment
- Generate custom operational, environment, and resource reports